Friday, January 14, 2011

Past and the Present: The Journey never ends


                     

Past:
First of all, 2010 was a year of growth and exploration. It was one of the most unusual years for me. Here are some of the highlights from 2010:
  •          Dealing with My Aunt Nettie and My cousin Cam’s death within two weeks apart of each other.
  •          Developing and maintaining my relationship with people I love ( dating, family and friends) 
  •       Pushed myself beyond the limit just to accomplish goals at work. (Working overtimes and  weekends)
  •          Dealing with my father’s sickness and being in hospital for several weeks)
  •          Dealing with the breakup with my ex and handling it emotionally and mentally.
  •         Drama going on with family and friends.

In many ways, I would say it has been a chaotic year for me. If you had to sit here and think about it, you would think that I placed high emphasis on stability, security and loyal in 2010. I admit I spent lot of time pushing the boundaries of my comfort zone, and I know I have pushed people’s boundaries as well. I did that to get people to try new things. I can definitely say that 2010 was very stressful year and I went through a lot, but at the same time, I did experience new things.  I feel like I really lived this year, not in the sense of living it up, but in the sense of having “had a life” outside of work. I did a number of things just for the experience because I’d never done them before.
 It really felt good to push myself to move in new directions, especially after all the tribulations occurred in the past year. I found myself rediscovering myself as an individual that I could be proud of. I had to take a look at my values and evaluate what was important to me in my life. What are my priorities and what do I want in life? I decided that I wanted to explore experience and contribute in life.   I guess you can say that I spent some time exploring personal growth in 2010 and I don’t have any regrets about that.

Present:
Since 2010 was very intense and difficult year for me, I’ve decided to continue my personal growth into 2011, because I’m still learning from my experiences in 2010 and I feel while it is important to set new goals for this year, I must remember to use the experiences in 2010 as guidance to make myself better overall in many aspects of my life.
My new goals for this year are to make sure I have an opportunity to enjoy my freedom, the freedom to enjoy life. I want the freedom to be not chained to work.  I want the freedom to be able to express myself honestly and openly, and not willing to conform to other’s expectations in order to get what I want.  I want fun, excitement, challenges this year. I want to experience new things! I’m excited about what this year will bring, because you’ll never know what will happen.







  


No comments:

Post a Comment